To locate the right model number and prod number of your laptop, the most well-known route is to search for a sticker at the lower part of the laptop. It is likewise composed of the battery compartment. It’s composed there. In any case, if there are no stickers around, there are different ways with which you can locate the model number.
On Windows 10, knowing the model number of your PC can be valuable in numerous situations. For example, when you need to overhaul apart (like memory, hard drive, show, and force supply), the model number can improve on the inquiry to get a viable replacement.
How to Tell What kind of Laptop I have ( HP | Dell | Asus | Acer | Lenovo | Alienware Laptop )
On the off chance that you need to troubleshoot an issue, and you need to contact specialized help. Or then again it can likewise prove to be useful to appropriately stock the gadget.
However, plenty of manufacturers ordinarily join a sticker and give tools to discover this data on your PC or desktop, Windows 10 incorporates in any event three different ways to locate the model number just as serial number (otherwise called “service tag”) of your PC utilizing System Information, PowerShell, and Command Prompt.
In this Windows 10 guide, we will walk you through the means to discover what kind of laptop you have, regardless of whether it’s from Dell, HP, Acer, Lenovo, or from another brand. In this helpful guide, I am going to discuss 4 simple ways from which you can easily get to know what kind of laptop you have without any professional assistance.
How to Check Laptop Model with System Information
To discover what kind of laptop model you have with System Information, utilize these simple basic steps:
- Open Start.
- Search for System Information and click the top outcome to open the application.
- Click on System Summary.
- Confirm the model number of your laptop under the “System Model” field.
When you complete the means, you will have an unmistakable comprehension of the laptop model you use.
How to check the PC model with PowerShell
To decide your laptop or desktop model number with PowerShell, utilize these simple basic steps:
- Open Start.
- Search for PowerShell and snap the top outcome to open comfort.
- Type the accompanying order to check the gadget model and the chronic number and press Enter:
Get-CimInstance – ClassName Win32_ComputerSystem
- Confirm the PC model number.
- (Optional) Type the accompanying order to check the model and chronic number and press Enter:
Get-CimInstance – ClassName Win32_bios
- Confirm the model just as the serial number of your laptop or desktop computer.
- After you complete the means, the PowerShell orders will uncover the model number and the gadget’s serial number.
Look At The Bottom Cover of Your Laptop (Flip the Laptop)
The least demanding and most instinctive approach to discover what kind of laptop I have is to flip your laptop and search for a sticker that would contain the chronic number just as the model of your laptop.
If you have an old PC, there are chances that this sticker may have exhausted. If there is a situation, you can look at different strategies. Additionally, note that a few stickers (like the one that appeared above) just shows the product name (model). It doesn’t show the make. You can recognize that through the Logo or by composing in the model number in Google Search.
Using Command Prompt
- Open command prompt as administrator
- Now, enter the below command in the command prompt.
wmic csproduct get name
- To get the serial number of your laptop use. Note that numerous PC makers let you search utilizing serial number to locate the right model number.
wmic bios get serialnumber
- Another alternative code to get both the model number and the serial number of your laptop.
wmic csproduct get name, identifyingnumber
Using the System Information Tool
- Press Windows key + x and click on run.
- Now, compose the below command in the run box.
- Once the system information window comes up, locate your model number composed next to the system model field.
Note – Alternatively you can likewise look through system data in windows 10 taskbar search to open the system information window.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Why Would You Need To Know What Laptop You Have?
You need to know the model and make of your laptop for some reasons:
- To get help from the brand producer, you need to reveal to them the model
- To discover the drivers online you need to have the data.
- It likewise helps in reselling, your clients may get some information about the model number.
What If You Still Can’t Find The Model Number?
If you have attempted all that you can however you actually can’t locate the model number, it is smarter to connect with the client care helpline of the brand. You can likewise evaluate your local PC vendors/workshops to assist you with your issue. Expert PC technicians can assist you with distinguishing your PC make and model utilizing the BIOS.
You can utilize the BIOS yourself also, notwithstanding, if you are new to the settings, we suggest that you don’t alter around with BIOS.
To end this long discussion on how to tell what kind of laptop I have in Windows 10, I would only like to say that if you don’t know to check what kind of laptop you have, all you need to do is simply follow the above-mentioned methods. You can use any of the 4 ways discussed above to find out what kind of laptop you are using in Windows 10.
I hope this informational guide helps you get through these issues without troubling you to hire any professional assistance to get to know what kind of laptop you are using. By following the simple ways discussed above you not only be able to know about what kind of laptop you are using but also be able to know the model number/serial number of your laptop you are using.