HDMI is considered as one of the most efficient ways to connect all the related devices conveniently together. This whole connection only requires one cable for both video and audio.
For this purpose, the connected devices should be certified entirely or licensed for communication with each other by a standardized high-bandwidth digital content protection.
If the HDMI handshake does not work, the HDCP encryption for HDMI is not identified by one of the connected devices. Ultimately, you will not watch your favorite video game or not even watch your favorite movie or TV show.
So here are some things that you may find helpful to sort out the issues of the HDMI port not working. If you follow one of these mentioned below methods, you will hopefully get your issue resolved.
1st Method – Configuration of Display Setting:
If there are several monitors on your laptop or computer and you face the HDMI port’s problem not working. Then there could be a possibility that you may use the setting of the wrong display.
In this case, it would be better to check out the laptop’s display setting and be sure to have the correct display setting instead of the wrong one.
So, to check out the display setting of the computer, first of all, click on the “P and Window logo key simultaneously. Here you will get the display modes list.
As each mode is different from the other, so, it is as given below:
- PC screen/Computer only – It only uses 1st monitor.
- Duplicate – It displays the identical content on both of the monitor.
- Extend – It utilizes both the monitors to display the extended desktop.
- Second screen/Projector only – It only utilizes the one monitor that maybe second.
Practice each mode and then choose one of the best options that best suits your requirement. You will be able to see images on the screen through HDMI.
Related Guide: Best Laptops For Lawyers
Second Method – Update Graphic:
Suppose you experience your HDMI port not working well. Then there could be another reason behind this happening, and this is your graphic driver.
If it is out of date and you still do not make sure any update of it, you will indeed have to face this issue.
The solution is to update or reinstall your graphic driver and see whether it is helpful or not in problem resolution.
For updating the graphic driver, there are two ways:
- You can do it manually:
To update or install your graphic driver, it is compulsory to have the necessary computer skills and patience. For this, you should have to find the right and exact online driver and then download and install it.
2– You can do it automatically:
It is one of the fast and convenient methods to update your graphic driver. You all need to click twice on the mouse. The automatic update requires Driver Easy tool.
It will recognize the system automatically and then find the right one driver. It is as easy as you don’t even need what the computer system is running through, and you don’t require any skills to download and install the right driver.
Besides this, there is no risk of installing the wrong driver. So, don’t worry and make sure to install the right graphic driver without any mistakes.
However, you can automatically update the drivers either with the Pro or Free version of the Driver Easy tool.
In case of HDMI port not working, if you prefer Pro Version, then it requires just a few simple clicks:
- Download Driver Easy tool on the computer and install it.
- After this, run the tool, and click on the button “Scan Now.” It will scan your device and show the issues of any detected drivers.
- Then click “Update all” for downloading and installing automatically the correct version of drivers that are out of date or missing.
Third Method – Reconnect or Restart your Computer:
If your HMDI port not working as before, then another method is to reconnect and restart your device. Sometimes, it proves an effective method to make the working of the HDMI port.
Follow these steps:
- First of all, disconnect your HDMI ports.
- Now shut down the computer, TV, monitors laptop, etc. and then unplug all the related power cables.
- After this, left it for five to ten minutes.
- Plug in all the power cables, including the battery.
- Connect HDMI cables
- Now switch on the computer.
Now make sure, either you can use the HDMI port or not.
4th Method– Troubleshooting
If your HDMI port not working, then there might be a problem in the hardware like the HDMI port or cable. So, there are some minor things to do.
- First of all, change the new HDMI cable. It will surely sort out the issue.
- If even it does not work, try to make an HDMI connection with any other monitor or TV. Now note down the device. If it is defective, then replace it or repair it.