We all know that GeForce is the famous graphic card brand and it is designed by the Company NVIDIA, and it is the first choice of too many gamers.
There are too many chances that you have experience with NVIDIA software if you are using the NVIDIA graphics card in your computer. Because it comes with the other tools that allow you to increase your gaming experience
However, it is very stable software but sometimes certain issues can occur like a GeForce game ready driver preparing to install error.
So in this article, we are going to tell you the solution of a GeForce game ready driver preparing to install error, all the steps are given below.
If you want to know how to fix a GeForce game ready driver preparing to install error then read the complete article carefully.
Recommended: How To Check Motherboard Health
How to fix GeForce game ready driver preparing to install
Before performing all the given steps you should restart your computer because this thing will refresh your complete operating system and remove the corrupted data that is causing this problem.
It is possible that this problem GeForce game ready driver is preparing to install is because of the software glitch, so to solve this problem all the steps are given below.
1. Run the GeForce as an administrator
When you make certain changes to the GeForce then sometimes it needs different permissions, if you are running this without administrative then this problem GeForce game ready driver preparing to install can occur.
To solve this problem you should run it as an administrator, all the steps to do this are given below.
- First, you have to close the GeForce experience with the help of task manager
- You can open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc key at the same time
- Once you close the GeForce experience then go to the Windows desktop
- Now find the GeForce experience shortcut icon and right-click on it
- Select the properties option from the menu that opens
- The new window will be open and from this select the compatibility tab
- In this tab check the box named Run this program as an administrator
- After this click on the apply button to save all the changes
Now you can update and install the entire updated graphics driver, and if the problem still occurs then try the other given solution.
2. Disable the real-time scanning of antivirus
When the antivirus software is installed in your computer then it prevents the different registry changes that are done on your computer.
This thing will cause the problem of a GeForce game ready driver preparing to install because GeForce always needs to write data to install the different updates.
You should disable the antivirus scanning to solve this problem. Follow the given steps to do this
- First, go to the settings of your computer
- Then go to the update and security option
- After this select the Windows security then virus and threat protection option
- Now click on the manage settings option
- After this switch off the real-time protection
Other than this if you are using the third-party antivirus then you should read its documentation to know how to off the real-time scanning of the antivirus.
If this solution is not working for you then try the next solution to solve this problem.
3. Download all the drivers manually
It might be possible that the drivers that have been downloaded automatically are faulty and creating a problem for GeForce game ready drivers preparing to install, so in this situation, you should install all the drivers manually.
- First, go to the task manager and close all process of GeForce
- After go to the NVIDIA official website and open the driver download page
- Now find the drivers that you want and download from this page
- When the driver has been downloaded on your computer then open and install this driver
Check the other solution if still facing this problem.
4. Force Windows to install the different drivers
The other best solution to fix this problem is to delete the GeForce drivers and let your computer to search the drivers and install it. Follow all the steps to do this
- First, open the Run command for this press the Windows+R key
- Here type appwiz.cpl and then press the enter button
- After this right-click on the NVIDIA drivers and then uninstall all the drivers
- To completely uninstall the driver follow all the instructions that are displayed on your computer screen
- With all this, you should also delete the PhysX system and audio driver
- After uninstalling the drivers restart your computer
- Now go to the check for update option with the help of search bar
Before going to NVIDIA drivers click on the check for update option, download and install the drivers that need to be updated. If the problem is not fixed with this solution then try the next.
5. Perform a reinstalling process of all NVIDIA drivers
If the above-given steps are not working for you then fix this problem GeForce game ready driver preparing to install with the help of reinstalling all drivers of NVIDIA. To do this all the steps are given below.
- Open the run command with the help of pressing the Windows+R key
- Type appwiz.cpl and press the enter button
- After this, you have to right-click on the NVIDIA graphics drivers
- Now select the drivers to uninstall
- You should follow all the instructions that are displayed on the computer screen
- Don’t forget to uninstall the audio driver and PhysX system
- Now restart your computer
- Remove all the traces of NVIDIA files with the CCleaner
- When all the process is completed then install the NVIDIA driver manually
With the help of all these above-given solutions, you can easily solve the problem of a GeForce game ready driver preparing to install by yourself.
I hope you understand the complete solutions and do it easily. If you have any questions related to this problem then you can ask us in the comment section.